In June 2022, the San Diego Rescue Mission, a leading nonprofit helping individuals experiencing homeless and food insecurity in San Diego, sought a new, trusted PR firm to partner with that would help extend their reach in the community, amplify their mission-driven work, and retain and attract new donors. We were so pleased when they sought the public affairs and public relations expertise at Intesa Communications Group.
We kicked off our partnership with a comprehensive discussion of Intesa’s approach and recommendations to achieving their goals and objectives and outlining the tactics, steps and strategies we would take to achieve them, leveraging our extensive media relations and government relations expertise. Upon hearing our recommendations, the Rescue Mission’s President and CEO Donnie Dees said, “Wow, I feel like I’ve been watching TV in black and white and you just switched it to color.”
Since June, opportunities we’ve helped secure include garnering top local media outlets for these heartwarming stories:
- Padres Pitcher Craig Stammen volunteering with the Rescue Mission before every Tuesday home game handing out supplies and water to unhoused individuals around Petco Park
- The Rescue Mission bringing together 12 regional mayors for a first-ever Mayoral Symposium on homelessness
- A 13-year old boy donating his Bar Mitzvah gift money to the Rescue Mission
- The San Diego Union-Tribune Diane Bell exclusive on country music star Steven Cade donating a Fender guitar to the Rescue Mission
- Rescue Mission residents racing in America’s Finest City half marathon
- A $3 million donation to the Rescue Mission’s Oceanside Navigation Center
We excited to continue this partnership as we’re constantly inspired by the passion and commitment demonstrated by the San Diego Rescue Mission every day. We look forward to continuing to amplify their good work as they seek to end homelessness in San Diego.